I grew up around many Italian families and NYC’s real little Italy Arthur Avenue and was honored to have a number of delicious homemade Italian meals and eat at some of the best Italian restaurants and pizzerias. So let me be clear:
1. Deep dish is not pizza it’s a casserole
2. The Olive Garden is not an Italian restaurant it’s a store that sells something that looks like pasta and taste like… well I’m not sure because I’ve only been there once begged forgiveness after going and swore never to go again
3. Dominos, Papa Johns and Pizza Hut are not pizzerias it’s a storefront version of a supermarket freezer storing those frozen pizzas in a box
4. A slice with pineapple topping is not a slice it’s an abomination.
5. The real little Italy in NYC is not in Manhattan it’s in the Bronx and Arthur ave & 187th Street is still the epicenter